- Greenwich Council - Council Services and local links.
- Greenwich Peninsula - Energy-efficient urban regeneration project. Information on the project, jobs, history of the area.
- 16 Regiment Royal Artillery - Based in Woolwich, 16th Regiment Royal Artillery (The London and Kent Gunners) is an Air Defence Regiment equipped with the Rapier anti-aircraft missile system.
Arts and Entertainment
Artists and Galleries
Restaurants and Bars
Artists and Galleries
- Andy Cook - European colourist and landscape artist specialising in oil and acrylic. Also renowned for his architectural and landscape photography. Gallery of work, exhibition details and biography.
- Art House Online - Catalogue of paintings, etchings and drawings available for sale.
- Gary Drostle - Murals and mosaics for landscape and architecture. Includes gallery and about his work.
- Harlequin Gallery - Specialise in contemporary and classical studio pottery. Details of exhibitions and artists.
- Sacredart Murals - Offers hand-painted landscape and children's murals. Includes gallery, about and contact details.
- Sarah Perry - Hand-built and thrown stoneware pots and porcelain jewellery. Gallery of her work, calendar of events, list of outlets, and her biography.
- The Wernher Collection - Collection of medieval and Renaissance works of art housed in the Grade I, 18th-century villa Ranger's House located near Greenwich Park.
- The Cutty Sark - Famous tea clipper now moored at Greenwich, England. Features information on opening times, restoration, and history.
- The Fan Museum - Dedicated to fans and fan making. Includes information for visitors, details of the collection, exhibition schedule, information on group tours and a brief history of fans.
- The Museum of the Royal Artillery - Visitor, regiment, hire and education information, a tour of the museum and events calendar.
- National Maritime Museum - Online resources include forthcoming events and exhibitions, galleries of sea related material, and an centre for research.
- Fergus Noone Photography - Gallery offering a range of signed, hand-printed pictures and framed photographs. Also provides wedding, portrait and commercial photography.
- Tony Mitchell Photography - Wedding, portrait and commercial photographer. Includes gallery of work, about and booking details.
- The Wedding Picture Book - Simon Stock Photography, specialising in weddings. About, galleries of different styles, albums and contact.
Restaurants and Bars
- Acropolis Taverna - Greek restaurant in New Eltham. Includes live music events, samply menus and about.
- Bar du Musee - In the heart of Greenwich with seating for up to 250. Includes menus, photos and venue hire.
- Eletriq Cafe - Italian restaurant in Eltham. Includes menu, location and about.
- Goddard's Pie House - Pie and Mash House in Greenwich Town Centre. Provides details of the history of the shop, the history of pie and mash, their menu and opening times, where they are and local attractions.
- The Greenwich Union - A pub attracting a young crowd, brewing their own beers, serves light food.
- Inside Restaurant - Contemporary. Includes sample menus including lunch and pre-theatre.
- Le Dolomiti - Mediterranean, Italian and seafood restaurant. Includes menus and recipes. Located in New Eltham.
- Peninsula Restaurant - Chinese restaurant in Bugsby Way on the Greenwich Peninsula. Includes menu, prices and special offers.
- Sabaj - Indian takeaway in Eltham offering curry, balti and tandoori dishes. Includes opening hours and downloadable menu.
- SE10 Restaurant & Bar - Browse menu and wine list, view the establishment, and plan your trip with maps and local attraction listings.
- The Spread Eagle - Eat French food in the ambiance of this historic coaching inn, now a French restaurant. Only fresh produce used with constantly changing menus.
- Trafalgar Tavern - Restaurant and bar on the Thames. Includes menus, photos and information on venue hire.
- Villa Moura - Specialist seafood and Portuguese restaurant on the edge of Blackheath Village. Includes menus, wine list and photos.
- Age Exchange Theatre Trust - Internationally known for its work in all areas of reminiscence including theatre.
- Bob Hope Theatre - Local amateur theatre. Forthcoming productions, past productions, membership details and form, and biography of Bob Hope.
- The Community Players - Drama group meeting and performing at the New Eltham Methodist Centre. Details of productions, past and future, photos and about.
- Emergency Exit Arts - Celebratory arts company. Information on forthcoming events, contacts and a gallery.
- Ferrier Operatic Society - Amateur society rehearsing in Eltham and Charlton. Details of current and past shows.
- Galleon Theatre Company - Company performing classic and contemporary productions. Profile of the company, production, theatre, and box office information.
- Greenwich Theatre - Provides show information and booking details.
- Hulviz Operatic Society - Rehearsing mainly at Shrewsbury House they perform at the Bob Hope Theatre. Includes current and past shows, joining information and photos.
- Thames Operatic Society - Amateur society performing at the Bob Hope Theatre in Eltham. About them and their shows.
- Two's Company - Black theatre company performing and producing plays ranging from the history of black women to teenage pregnancy as well as mainstream theatre. Includes company information, performance workshops, members, and contact details.
- Alderwood Primary School - On the Eltham/Bexley borders, provides school information, memories, pupil and teacher lists and contact details.
- BLA Theatre School - Full-time school (11-16yrs), Sat and evening classes in performing arts (Acting, Singing, Dancing) - ISTD exams.
- Blackheath High School - Independent school with 650 students 3-18 years, mixed from 3-11, girls only from 11 years. Includes information, events and prospectus.
- Eltham Green School - Mixed comprehensive secondary extended school specialising as a Sports College.
- Eltham Hill School - Technology College for girls. Includes school prospectus, exam results and contact details.
- Institute of International Education - Offers Japanese courses for various levels. Timetable, fees and location.
- Kidbrooke Secondary School - A secondary school, sixth form and joint A2 Arts college in Kidbrooke. Includes news, information, and contacts.
- Maritime Greenwich College - Independent college offering higher education and training programs to home and overseas students. Includes courses, fees and student services.
- Minds Together - Education programmes and services for inclusion, gifted, talented, mentor training and teacher recruitment.
- The Pointer School - Independent nursery and primary school. School information, curriculum details, term dates, fees and application details.
- Save Abbey Wood School - Dedicated to informing people of the proposals to close Abbey Wood School and their alternative proposals.
- The Spanish Machine - Spanish lessons on a one-to-one or group basis from experienced native tutors.
- St Peters Primary School - Mixed catholic primary school in Woolwich. School tour, prospectus, staff and uniform.
- Thomas Tallis School - A secondary school, sixth form and joint A2 Arts college in Blackheath. Includes news, information, an art gallery and contacts.
- University of Greenwich - Official site with information for current and prospective students. Includes details of research, courses, institutes, and the library.
- School of Humanities - Provides details of undergraduate courses, and postgraduate study within the faculty.
Guides and Directories
- Blackheath - History and guide from the Blackheath Preservation Trust. Includes information from local civic societies.
- Blackheath on the Web - Local directory with topical listings and message board.
- Eltham - Details of shops, services, community groups, plus what to see and do for visitors and residents. List of local links.
- e-ShootersHill - Information on events, services, local facilities for Shooters Hill.
- Greenwich 2000 - Information about aspects of time, local attractions and a travel guide to visiting London.
- Greenwich England - Local information on shops, education and community affairs plus a guide to visitor attractions.
- Greenwich Guide - Visitors' guide to the sites and attractions of Greenwich and Charlton. The site also contains travel information, photos of the area, and links to other Greenwich websites.
- Greenwich on the Internet - Internet directory for Greenwich, serving both the local community and visitors to the area. Includes information on eating houses, local taverns, places to visit, and accommodation.
- The Greenwich Phantom - An anonymous blog/guide to all things Greenwich, updated on a daily basis.
- New Eltham - Details of shops, services, places to see and things to do in the London SE9 area.
- The Blackheath Complementary Health Centre - Details of therapies offered, the therapists and workshops. Provides booking form, contact details and location.
- Blackheath Eyecare Centre - Opticians in Blackheath. Includes services and about the practice.
- Bump2Bubba - Privately run antenatal classes. Includes introduction, qualifications, prices and location.
- Collett Opticians - A family run Opticians with branches in Eltham SE9 and Sidcup Kent, offering eye care for contact lenses and glasses.
- Counselling South London - Eltham. Information about counselling and sessions. Also offers bereavement and grief help.
- Dickinson - Chemist in Westmount Road, Eltham. Includes opening hours and how to find them.
- Evoke Treatments - Offers reflexology, Indian head massage and reiki. Contains history, theory, and self-help tips.
- Keith McCarthy Counselling - Counsellor, psychotherapist and healer. Includes qualifications, about and FAQs.
- Moving Prayer - Ali Glenny is a Astanga Vinyasa teacher and Phoenix Rising Yoga therapist.
- Physio Active - Physiotherapy practice in Mottingham specialising in treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and all musculoskeletal conditions. Includes details of services, classes, courses and practitioners.
- Slade Dental Practice and Implant Centre - General dental practice specialising in restorative dentistry. Details of treatments, staff and location.
- SM & SL Perry and Associates - Private dental care for adults, NHS for children. Based Eltham, with general practice information and contact telephone number.
- Vanbrugh Group Practice - Doctor's practice, includes clinics, staff, opening times and medical advice. Vanbrugh Hill, Greenwich.
Maps and Views
- Millennium Dome Camera - Live web camera showing the Millennium Dome in London. Produced by the BBC.
- Photo Gallery - Mainly views of Plumstead and Woolwich but also other local areas.
Recreation and Sports
- Askeans - The official web site with all the latest news, information, fixtures, results and match reports. The club are members of the London League Three South East.
- Beacons Football Club - News, results, fixtures, teams, photographs and club information.
- Blackheath Football Club - Includes contact details, history, committees, players and fixtures. The oldest open rugby club in the world known throughout the game as simply 'the Club'.
- Blackheath Ramblers - South East London - Offer a walk on each Saturday and Sunday of the year, and on Bank Holiday Mondays if a leader is available.
- Blackheath Wanderers Netball Club - Information on facilities, competitions, location, and contact.
- Brockleians RFC - Team profiles, player profiles, club information and a photo gallery.
- Cajun Barn - A club for members and their guests hosting regular Cajun nights in South East London. Information, joining, what's on and location.
- Charlton Celts Camogie Club - Women's hurling club. Includes news, club information, article on pitch and photos.
- Charlton Park Rugby Football club - Club information, fixtures, results, members and officers, and rugby news and links.
- Curlew Rowing Club - Information on where and when they meet, training times, tide table, club and contact details.
- Footscray Rugby Football Club - Based in New Eltham, the club consists of men, women and mini sections. The men play in Kent Div 2.
- Greenwich and District Narrow Gauge Railway Society - Organisers of the narrow gauge annual exhibition ExpoNG. Includes profile, membership details, information on club layouts, products and the exhibition.
- Greenwich Cyclists - A local voluntary cycling group who exist to get more people on bikes, and organise bike rides and events for all. Ride calendar, advocacy programs and photographs.
- Greenwich Rugby Football Club - Fixtures, results, contact details and training times.
- Greenwich Swimming Club - Information about the club both past and present, including how to join, training, competitions and results. The club offers lessons as well as age-group and masters competitive swimming.
- Kent Ravens - Run men's, women's and juniors' teams. Includes leagues, training, sponsors and links.
- The Lion Swimming Club - Open to anyone with a permanent physical or learning disability of all ages.
- Royal Blackheath Golf Club - The oldest golf club in England. Club and contact details, description of the course plus pro's comments.
- Royal Greenwich Fencing Club - Basic club information, history and photographs.
- Shooters Hill Golf Club - Details about joining, the course, events and facilities.
- Shooters Hill Lawn Tennis Club - Information on location, club news and contact details.
- Shooters Hill RFC - Information on club details and location, teams and fixtures, social events and club sponsors.
- Woolwich Photographic Society - Shows location, programme and members' galleries.
Science and Environment
- Flamsteed Astronomy Society - An amateur astronomy society based at the Royal Observatory and National Maritime Museum in Greenwich; offer their programme, membership details, observing news and calendar.
Society and Culture
- Community Association of New Eltham - Voluntary organisation running events at the library. Includes details of classes, activities and projects.
- The Eltham Society - Researches into Eltham's history, produces publications and articles. Information on joining, events and news.
- Forum @ Greenwich - A community organisation offering activities for everyone. Includes details of what's on, rooms for hire, training, membership and volunteering.
- Geir A. Rasmussen - Personal site of Geir A. Rasmussen, a Norwegian living in Greenwich.
- Greenwich & District Cancer Research UK - Information and details of local events held by the committee - craft fairs, quizzes, musical evenings.
- Greenwich Borough Liberal Democrats - News, events, local councillors and other Lib Dem contacts in this south-east London borough.
- Greenwich Carers Centre - Provides support and advice for all carers, including youth, in the borough of Greenwich. Includes information about conditions, services, professionals, resources and events.
- Greenwich Community Network - The Greenwich Community Network is a group of 19 elected community representatives, helping the voluntary and community sector to get involved in developing local plans and strategies.
- Greenwich Conservatives - Includes local and national news, biographies of councillors, election results, details of social events and how to get involved.
- Greenwich Socialist Party - Information about Socialist Party activities in the London borough of Greenwich.
- Greenwich Toy and Leisure Library - Offers services for special needs and local children.
- GreenwichKIDS - Information on all aspects of adoption and fostering in the London Borough of Greenwich
- HALO - Handicapped Activities and Leisure Organisation, a voluntary organisation based in Middle Park Avenue, Eltham for both physically and mentally disabled.
- Irish in Greenwich - Details of the team, events and photo gallery.
- J Metcalfe & Son (Eltham) Ltd - Provides the history of this 200 year old business, now no longer in operation. Includes a picture gallery of the business when it was a smithy and forge in Eltham.
- Leapfrogs Toddler Group - Toddler group at St Nicholas Church, West Greenwich. Site contains information about the group and date of next meeting.
- Lewisham & Greenwich Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament - Local branch of CND working to rid the world of weapons of mass destruction. Policies, photographs and contacts.
- MOSAC - Supports non-abusing parents and carers whose children have been sexually abused; information about their advice, information and counselling services, volunteer opportunities, and helpline.
- Mycenae House Community Centre - Rooms for hire by affiliated community groups, commercial users and individuals. Includes size, prices, capacity and photos plus history and contact details.
- Plumstead Photo Gallery - Collection of photos taken around Plumstead and Shooters Hill plus his weblog.
- Quaggy Waterways Action Group - Protecting and improving the River Quaggy in Greenwich and Lewisham. Photographs and background information.
- Rotary Club of Eltham Phoenix - Details of their aims, meetings, events and photo gallery.
- South Greenwich Forum - Information exchange forum working for the community of the south of the borough of Greenwich. Members work together on local and borough-wide issues. Includes details of meetings, projects and contact.
- 4th Royal Eltham Scout Group - Based in New Eltham, includes details about the troop, general scouting information, and links.
- The Westcombe Society - A fully independent amenity group which aims to foster community spirit and protect the character of the neighbourhood. Events, aerial views and developments.
- Woolwich District Scout Council - Features resources about scouting in Woolwich including information on events, The Jamboree, pictures, and uniform and programme review.
- Woolwich Stop The War Coalition - Local group united against the war and occupation of Iraq. Meets regularly for public rallies and political discussion.
- Woolwich 45th - 'Gunner's Own' Scout Group - Includes news, programme information for beavers, cubs and scout sections, contacts, and information for United Kingdom scouting.
- Chris Hodge - Dealership offering commercial vehicles, articulated lorries and vans trailers in UK. Web site also features information on our "Supertruck" racing with Caterpillar TRD (includes a photo gallery).
- Driving Force Prestige Car Service - Provides chauffeured car hire for business and domestic customers. Also runs a driving school.
- Eltham Executive Charter Limited - Family run chauffeur driven minicoach hire up to 29 seats for weddings, receptions, day trips, airport transfers, sporting events, and business trips.
- L S Travel of London - Executive and accessible coach hire. Details of facilities, services and online quote form.
- Personal Passenger Travel - Airport transfers, long distance and Central London driving. Provides details of the company, drivers, contact and booking form.
Travel and Tourism
Restaurants and Bars
- City Cruises (Greenwich Pier) - City Cruises run regular boats from Westminster, Tower and Greenwich Piers, offering London boat tours and Thames River cruises.
- The Crossness Pumping Station - The Crossness Pumping Station was built by Sir Joseph Bazelgette and opened in 1865. The Grade 1 listed building has 4 original working pumping engines and is open for visits.
- The Cutty Sark - Virtual reality view of the Cutty Sark, in Greenwich.
- Eltham Palace - English Heritage describes this combination of medieval royal palace and Art Deco home. Includes virtual tours, history, games, downloadable activity sheets, news and visitor information.
- Friends of the Woodlands Farm Trust - Information provided by members of the Trust. Funding and future plans, links to the official site.
- Green Chain Greenwich Walks - A 40-mile network of footpaths running through open spaces, including Woodlands Farm. Whether it's a stroll you fancy or an exploration of the greener side of capital life, the Green Chain has something for you.
- Greenwich Guide - Greenwich - Guide to Greenwich's historic places and buildings.
- Greenwich Palace - An illustrated history.
- Greenwich Park - The Royal Parks resource for Greenwich Park, offering a brief history of the park and information on facilities and upcoming events.
- Greenwich Tour Guides - Discover the area with the local experts. Daily guided walks, special interest tours and group bookings.
- Maritime Greenwich A World Heritage Site - Situated on the River Thames, Maritime Greenwich is a World Heritage Site and famous for such historic landmarks as the Cutty Sark, the last surviving tea clipper, and the Royal Observatory, the home of Greenwich Mean Time and the Meridian Line.
- The Royal Observatory - An informative website from the home of the Prime Meridian of the world, also provides event and visitor information
- Royal Teas CafĂ© - A cosy and intimate Vegetarian cafĂ© and coffee shop set in one of Greenwich's prettiest streets. Open 7 days a week, 10am - 6pm. Daily soup and lunch specials with all coffee freshly ground on premises. Also a large selection of loose leaf teas and homemade cakes.
- The Thames Barrier - Information about London's main Flood Defence, provided by the Environment Agency with in-depth descriptions of the Barrier's construction and use.
- Always Welcome Homes - Accommodation booking agency offering serviced apartments, bed and breakfast, hotels and budget accommodation for mature students.
- christianaeshome - Offers a single room or self-catering accommodation. Includes facilities and prices. Eltham.
- The Letting Company (Greenwich) Ltd - Includes holiday accommodation, residential lettings, maps and local attractions.
- Number Nine Blackheath - Friendly, non-smoking, family run guest house offering affordable accommodation. Includes details of accommodation, location, transport and local information.
- St Christopher's - Hostel next to Greenwich BR station, 15 minutes from Central London. Dorm style rooms with beds. With own bar and theatre.