An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - Breathtaking scenery and a rich and varied wildlife. The Tamar Valley is an area rich in beauty and history, possessing some of the finest scenery in the West Country. The Estuary is an important haven for wildlife, such as the avocet and little egret. As such the valley of the river Tamar is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The Tamar Valley is ideal for holidays, short breaks and days out, Bed and Breakfast and Self-catering accommodation offering:
- Great walking country, with river and train trips
- Interesting villages and bustling country towns
- Fascinating mining heritage and a rich agricultural history
- Beautiful historic houses and glorious gardens
- Plenty of attractions and activities
- Distinctive local foods, arts and crafts
- Great pubs, cafes and restaurants
The Tamar Valley website offers information and advice on where to stay, places to visit, news and events.
Tourist Information Centre
Tavistock, 01822 612938, email