For county council guides go to County Guides
- Albury aim is to be at the leading edge of developments in National Non Domestic
Rates (NNDR) and Council Tax
- Benefits Agency The Benefits Agency (BA) is the largest Executive Agency of
the Department of Social Security.
- British Army All about the Army plus merchandising to buy
- British Chambers of Commerce the national voice for local business.
- British Council The British Council is the United Kingdom's international
organisation for educational and cultural relations.
- British Monarchy Official web site about the Royal Family
- British Politics Page British politics
- British Standards Institute (BSI) is now the world's leading standards and quality
- British Waterways reveals the hidden world of Britain's inland waterways.
- Business Information
- Cabinet Office This site aims to provide you with the fastest and fullest access to
information published by the Cabinet Office.
- CBI leading independent employers' organisation
- CCTA Government Information Service This service provides a first entry point
to uk public sector information on the internet
- Central Office of Information The Government's marketing and publicity
- Centre for Policy Studies
- Charities Commission The Charity Commission is here to give the public
confidence in the integrity of charities.
- Child Support Agency Business is to assess, collect and pay child support
- Contributions Agency National Insurance Contributions Office.
- Court Service an executive agency of the Lord Chancellorâ€s Department,
providing administrative support
- Countryside Commission new statutory body working: to conserve and enhance
- Crown Prosecution Service prosecutes people in England and Wales who have
been charged by the police with a criminal offence.
- Customs and Excise a front-line organisation responsible for protecting society
against the growing threat of illicit drugs, firearms and paedophile material.
- Department for Culture Media & Sport (DCMS)aims to improve the quality of life
for all through cultural and sporting activities
- Department for Education and Employment (DfEE)
- Department for International Development the British government department
responsible for promoting development and the reduction of poverty
- Department of Health (DoH)
primarily for use by health and social care professionals, academics and other interested parties.
- Department of National Heritage now merged with the DCMS
- Department of Social Security
- Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (DETR)
- Department of Trade and Industry a range of information for consumers, small businesses, employees, a
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing aid general law enforcement by maintaining registers
of drivers and vehicles, collect taxation
- Employment Service
- Enterprise Zone help and information on the Net for small and growing UK
- Environment Agency News, information, research and data about the environment
of England and Wales.
- Equal Opportunities Commission the expert body in Great Britain on equality
between women and men.
- European Commission
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Tthe British Government department
responsible for overseas relations and foreign affairs, through our headquarters in London and our Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates throughout the world.
- Forestry Commission find out more about the country's forests and what the
Forestry Commission is doing to protect and expand them.
- Get Ready for the Euro contains information for UK businesses adjusting to the
reality of the euro in 1999. The Outline
- Government Office for the East of England
- Government Office for the East Midlands
- Government Office for London
- Government Office for the North West
- Government Office for the Regions
- Government Office for the South East
- Government Office for the South West
- Government Office for the West Midlands
- Government Office for Yorkshire & the Humber
- Health Education Authority lead body in health promotion.
- Health & Safety Executive
- Her Majesty's Stationery Office (HMSO)
- Her Majesty's Treasury
- Highways Agency The Highways Agency is a next steps Agency of the
Department of Environment, Transport and the Regions.
- Home Office responsible for internal affairs in England and Wales.
- House of Commons
- House of Lords information about the work of the House of Lords and its Select
- Inland Revenue
- Inland Revenue Self Assessment provides comprehensive information and
assistance on all aspects of Self Assessment.
- Land Registry
- Local Government Association
- Lord Chancellors' Department the efficient administration of justice in England
- Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food (MAFF)
- Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- National Assembly for Wales
- National Grid for Learning
- National Housing Federation
- New Deal Welfare to Work strategy.
- No10Downing Street
- Northern Ireland Office NIO deals in particular with political and constitutional
matters as they relate to Northern Ireland
- Office of Fair Trading protecting the economic welfare of consumers, and in
enforcing United Kingdom competition policy
- Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority Opra was set up to help make sure
that occupational pension schemes are safe and well run.
- Open Gov A first entry point to uk public sector information on the internet.
- Parliamentary Ombudsman role is to supplement the work of Members of
Parliament in investigating complaints and possible injustices
- Parliamentary Monitoring and Information Service (PAMIS), provides specialist
coverage of the activities of parliament
- Police Service
- Public Record Office the repository of the national archives for England, Wales
and the United Kingdom.
- Royal Auxillary Air Force
- Scottish Parliament
- Trading Standards Net
- United Kingdom Parliament
- United Kingdom Permanent Representation to the European Union the Brussels branch of the UK civil service