Stonor has been the home of Lord and Lady Camoys and the Stonor family
for over eight hundred years. It is set the beautiful Chiltern Hills with commanding views of the surrounding deer park.
The house is of considerable architectural interest - built from c.1190 and
constructed over many centuries. It is a family home containing many items of rare furniture, paintings, drawings, tapestries and sculptures from
Britain, Europe and America. The house is built on the site of a prehistoric stone circle.
The medieval Catholic Chapel was used continuously throughout the years
of Catholic repression. It was a sanctuary for St Edmund Campion in 1581, and an exhibition features his life and work. Mass is celebrated in the Chapel every Sunday throughout the year.
The house is surrounded by beautiful hillside gardens containing splendid
displays of daffodils, narcissi, irises and roses.
2:00pm - 5:30pm
Sundays 1st April to 30th September, Bank Holiday Mondays Wednesdays also July and August only. Last admission 5.00pm
Pre-Booked Groups are very welcome by arrangement.
House and Gardens
Adult £5.50; Groups of 12 or more £5.00. Gardens Only Adult £3.50 HHA Members Free; Children under 14 Free.