The Bradwell Windmill was erected in 1817 from local quarried limestone right next to the Grand Union Canal.
It has been beautifully restored to working order by the Milton Keynes Development
Corporation. Of particular interest is the very early use of the universal joint.
Inside there are 3 floors, the stone floor, the bin floor and the dust floor at the top. An item of Bradwell
Windmills eccentricity is the small fireplace on the ground floor. Only one other mill in Britain is known to have taken this extraordinary risk as flour dust is notoriously explosive. Very few visitors
to the Mill ever notice the flue opening outside.
Now open to the public on a regular basis, through the friends of Bradwell Windmill.
off Grafton Street V6,